Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Pits (Cherry Pits, That Is)

Last week, when reading a magazine, it came to my attention that there is a tool for pitting cherries - what?!!!  You mean all these years of carefully cutting out cherry pits with a butter knife in order for the kids to eat cherries was for naught?! I immediately went to Amazon looking for this handheld wonder.  Not only did I find the traditional handheld model but an even better mechanical model AND for only $5.99!! I don't know if I've ever hit "Click to Purchase" so quickly before.
 Today, we broke the pitter out of the box.  After my quick assembly, I let the older kiddos loose on it (with careful supervision, of course).  It was easy and fun to use.  My son was soon looking (aka begging) for something else, anything else to pit.

At the time of this post, only 10 are left in stock on Amazon, but check it out.  It was definitely worth it for us: Norpro 5120 Deluxe Cherry Pitter.  UPDATE:  This product has increased in price since just last week.  If you have your own cherry tree or for any reason pit a lot of cherries, consider this product.  If you are just going to pit some cherries every so often, the price increase may not be worth it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment